Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV panels

Options
  • 13-01-2024 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi there,

for whom who has the Solar panels at home ,

does it reduce the electricity bill?

For how much ?

I mean does it worth installing? .

And what’s your advice about the type the

number of the panels to be installed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Best advice is check the renewable energy forum on boards.ie

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Agree with the above post, the renewables forum is very helpful.

@Reda Mohamed I have 6.6 kWp solar panels installed on my home in an east / west orientation. Facing south would have been better but sadly not an option for me. These were installed in March 2024. Due to the government electricity allowances and these panels I have not had to pay an electricity bill since June or July 2023 and I have around €900 of credit in my electricity account. I live in a 4 bed home with 2 to 3 others. So maybe that will give you some idea. I have brought in a number of measures to keep consumption down but it will be quite some time before I see return on my investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭monseiur

The general consensus is that the pay back is 8 to 12 years depending on many variables like no of panels, orienteering of house, electricity usage, house occupancy, grants etc. etc.

Advertisement