Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting a doorbell cam on ones front door? Mounting a doorbell cam on ones front door?

Options
  • 13-01-2024 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I got the Ring 2nd gen Doorbell cam.

Are the screws provided intended to be used in wood?

Using a screwdriver to sink them in, it feels like the door is screaming out in pain, not to mention the last few millimeters are proving kind of stubborn.

Perhaps it's possible to just use smaller screws than the ones provided?

The depth of the screw goes almost exactly 50% depth into the thickness of the door...... so it's a thick enough door.

Anyone mounted one of these cams and how did you find mounting the bracket on your door to work out?

PS - you think my landlord would have beef with me sinking 4 screws into the front door of his rented accommodation?

In physics we trust....

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Whether your landlord has a problem with it , I imagine you will find out soon enough. Try and convince him its a deterrent to a potential intruder against breaking in the door. It would have been easier of course to ask him before you fitted it. If its screws are 50% of the door thickness, then thats probably a 25mm screw. If its hard going, then a small bit of soap on the screw will make it easier if you dont have a cordless screwdriver.

Advertisement