Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Morning TV in 80's/90s Ireland

Options
  • 13-01-2024 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Following on from the Pajo's junkbox thread, I thought a separate thread might be useful to discuss RTE's Saturday morning tv output in the 80s, 90s and 00s.

In chronological order these are what I can remember

Anything goes (1980-85ish)

Presenters Aonghus McAnally, Mary Fitzgerald, Dave Heffernan (maybe there were others)

Pajos Junkbox (86-88) (as discussed in the other thread)

Action Station Saturday (86-88ish)

Scratch Saturday (88-91ish)

Presenters: Brian Reddin, Brian Graham, Mary Kingston, 'Kevo' (Bosco may have appeared too)

Brian Reddin later had a a feature called the last picture show on Friday nights where he would introduce a classic movie

Mary Kingston went on to host the Disney club. I believe she married Brian Graham

Fanta Roadshow chart

Presenter Andy Ruane, Tony Fenton

The Disney Club

Presenter Mary Kingston

Physiquiz Cliona Ni Bhuacalla & Kevo

At a later stage there were Saturday morning shows from Cork

The Swamp Rory Cobb Alan Shortt

Sattitude Sinead Kennedy Brian Ormond

Suzanne Duffy had a crystal maze type show also made in RTE Cork

Anything else that I've forgotten?

I believe RTE disbanded their young peoples tv department in 2016 choosing to outsource to save costs.

Comments

Advertisement