Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old PC Upgrades (AMD AM3+)

Options
  • 12-01-2024 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭

My parents desktop is well old at this stage and has been running very slowly for them.

I'm going to do a fresh windows install for them now but was wondering about whether it would be possible to source some upgrades while I'm at it.

Specs are:

ASUS M5A78l-M LE motherboard

AMD Athlon II X3 450 CPU

4GB RAM @ 1333Mhz

120gb SSD with data on a HDD.

RAM seems easy enough to find 16gb for cheap enough and I'll get a bigger SSD no problem but I'm struggling with sourcing a CPU. I had a quick search on Adverts but didn't find anything. Are there any places you can thing I might source one? Happy with 2nd hand either.

I realsie the system is well dated but they literally just use it for email, browsing and solitaire. I am reluctant to go to the hassle and effort of building a new machine as I haven't done so since I made this pc for them.

Comments

Advertisement