Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoned Heating Not Working

Options
  • 12-01-2024 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have gas central heating. Downstairs I have three choices, heating for downstairs, upstairs and hot water. I rarely have them all on at the same time. Anyway two days ago the heating would not come on upstairs at all even though you could hear the boiler on. I called a plumber who said a new switch for somewhere in the hot press was needed but as a temporary fix he pressed the 'Advance' button for heating upstairs. Sure enough the upstairs heating came on until I switched everything off at the mains. He came back today with the part and everything was working. Problem is it is working like it did yesterday. So that when I have the heating on downstairs but have upstairs and hot water switched off, all three are staying on so the zones aren't working. The only way to get them off is by turning the main switch off for everything. Anyone know what might be the problem here? Tia.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

He might have left the zone valve in override position. There'll be a yellow or white (most likely) box in the hot press, see if any of them are locked in manual position. There'll be a little button/slide on the side of it.

If you can't manage it, get hom back. He should have checked that all was working before he left.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement