Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I did something very stupid..

Options
  • 12-01-2024 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Trying to install a reversing camera, I had one wire that I ground to the chassis and I fed the unconverted end into the fuse box, so smart. There was a spark. Tried to turn on van, all the warning lights on dash light up, says breaking fault and none of the controls (ie lights, indicators, wipers working). Am I totally fucked? Any advice welcome, going to check the fuses now as I don't know what else to do! Local garage closed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I'd say check your fuses before worrying too much

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pcow

I checked em and they're fine, time to panic! I talked to a mechanic, could be a fairly easy fix hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

My wife's car had a fuse berried in the floor. Could there be another fuse somewhere?

Advertisement