Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco mobile roaming

Options
  • 12-01-2024 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭

I have not been able to use my phone in newry for over a year, i go there a few times a year and even though i have my phone APN etc set up correctly it wont work, even in MCdonalds with wifi you have to input your phone number and get a code before you can access the wifi, and of course you cant receive the code because the phone will not have a signal. I have been on to tesco with no joy, anyone have similiar issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I haven't been with Tesco for a long time but I recall there being a SIM application that you had to toggle in order to enable roaming. You then had to change it back upon coming home.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭tiegan

I've been with tesco mobile a good few years and have no problem roaming to uk or spain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

So in Spain for some days and no roaming, had to use WiFi to communicate with Tesco and finally two days before we left Spain they got it to roam (moviestar). On return to Ireland no signal so used desktop to get Tesco to turn back on my signal.

Advertisement