Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Base Leaking

Options
  • 12-01-2024 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Water seems to be coming from the toilet base. I've looked up solutions online, and they talk about a wax ring that needs replacing, all the examples I've found on youtube show the exit pipe going into the ground, while ours goes out the back of the toilet into the wall.

Do these kinds of toilets have a wax seal under the base too? Anyone have another idea what the issue it might?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭phormium

If you flush the toilet and keep an eye on the pipe that goes out the back can you see any leakage? There is usually a black rubber seal between toilet sticking out bit and pipe it's attached to, that seems most likely place for a leak. One of my toilets regularly leaks out underneath it but I know the problem is when it becomes blocked down further and it gets out the seal bit (grandkids shoving a whole roll down!), that one has the pipe going down though, should be easier spot with the pipe back assuming you can actually see it and it's not all closed in.

If it is coming out where the seal is it may just have become displaced a bit and not be tight anymore or need replacing.

Post edited by phormium on

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Celmullet

Thank you for that, I'll check it out

Advertisement