Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC not recommended?

Options
  • 12-01-2024 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi guys- would appreciate your thoughts on some recent advice I received from a professional alarm installer in Dublin area. Have been shopping around for quotes for a basic wireless alarm system for a 3 bed terrace- no cctv required.

One provider strongly discouraged HKC systems for the following reasons- they have lost their market share, that only a small number of providers still offering HKC and serious supply issues regarding their parts in recent times? "To future proof we reccomend that you avoid HKC". That mentioned that they still provide HKC but favour hikvision now.

Is this factual advice or a sales pitch for their preferred system? Most other suppliers have given opposite advice and strongly reccommneded HKC to me so I'm left a little confused.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

He sounds like a bit of a bluffer and just does not want to install HKC.

If he's pushing pyronix then there's nothing wrong with it either, slightly cheaper and the app at a fraction of the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I have a HKC wireless system, installed 5 years ago, never gave one minutes problem, no false alarms apart from one occasion when my dog got too close to a window sensor and he has a very loud bark. Only last week I had the lads out to service the system after a low battery warning. A few new batteries and a software upgrade was all that was required. Not bad after 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭Sono

Been using HKC for 8 years and have had no issues, in fact I recommend it to everyone who has asked me about my system

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Los Cafeteros

Thanks for the feedback. Seems HKC is generally recommended by both users and installers across the board and will suit most looking for a standard alarm system.

Advertisement