Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondhand Survey Equipment Purchase

Options
  • 12-01-2024 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Folks, a lot of people at the minute have been asking me about surveying land/sites at the minute for one off houses and stuff like that. I’m after getting it in my head to buy a GNSS unit. I saw this below. In America in a couple of weeks and it has me thinking. https://www.ebay.ie/itm/115362267564?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=5282-175127-2357-0&ssspo=3Br8KhkwRY2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=PB6HmgvuQ7C&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I saw same machine except with xpad tablet for surveying for €15k. I’m thinking of purchasing but not at that big money. I’m wondering would the American unit do the trick ? Change settings, add additional options on the satellite and buy the tab. Now I know I have just said add 2.5k but still, am I mad ? Is there much demand for Saturdays at it ? By the way I’m a pm for a civil firm and looking to make some coin on the side.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was about to post something similar.

was looking at doing a survey for a new driveway. The iPhone LiDAR Scanner would do a good 3d survey. Tie it in with a GNNS survey and it can be relatively accurate (obviously nothing compared to dedicated equipment).

is there anything similar to this for amateur surveyors?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭listermint

First thing to ask, is there anyone fixing these local when they go wrong. That's key to big investments.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭madmac187

I know hitechniques work on Geomax, so I don’t think it would be an issue but from experience does anyone know if it’s a case or going from imperial to metric ? I will link what I’m looking at. Why is this so cheap when I see hitechniques selling ex hire gear same geomax model for 14k. I know pole is missing and they may have a newer tab but that’s only 14-1500yoyos. Anyone any idea why ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115362267564?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3Br8KhkwRY2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=PB6HmgvuQ7C&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Advertisement