Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Insoles Recommendations?

Options
  • 11-01-2024 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m recovering from plantar fasciitis. I reckon I’m 80% recovered only get slight pain now in the morning which quickly wears off. I’m back running building up my mileage gradually with no side effects thankfully. Doing a lot of stretching particularly after my runs.

I had also been playing some Astro football once per week (not played in few months) and found this literally crippled me the next morning to the point where I could barely make it to the bathroom hobbling so bad! Recently I took a closer look at my Nike astro runners and the insoles are like a piece of kitchen towel! I’ve been using Foot Balance insoles in my casual trainers. I picked up some Pro 2 Wellbeing insoles recently online but the arch support is actually too much to the point it is uncomfortable for me to wear for long periods.

I’d love to slowly get back to the Astro and would like to ask if anyone has any experience with any insoles that may fit in an Astro/football boot to support my heels somewhat more to allow me to return to playing Astro and avoid that crippling pain the following morning.

Apologies this is not directly related to running but I was hoping somebody might be able to give me some recommendations?

Many thanks

Advertisement