Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hard clutch on a 131 BMW 1 series.

Options
  • 11-01-2024 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought a second-hand BMW 1 series (131) in December 2020. Mileage was low with 19K kilometers, now has about 44K. I’ve lived and driven in the city for most of the last 3 years, so a lot of up and down the gears.

I've noticed over the last year or so that my knee is quiet sore (a recent MRI has shown a possible tendon swelling and a tear), and the base of my left foot is sore after driving a while. It definitely feels like the clutch is quite hard to press when changing gear.

Is this a normal occurrence on a BMW? Is there a way to find out if the clutch has indeed hardened? If the clutch has hardened, would a replacement rectify this and make life easier for my left leg or is there something less intrusive I can try?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement