Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How expensive can divorce get in Ireland?

Options
  • 10-01-2024 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm curious to know if anyone has been through a difficult divorce how much it cost in legal fees.

I've been separated for almost 2 years. Tried mediation but ex wouldn't engage. He says he will make it as long and difficult as possible if I get a solicitor and start divorce proceedings.

He earns more than me and has much more money in savings so he could afford to be difficult and I'm worried I could run out of savings and still not be divorced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

It can get very expensive for a contentious divorce. ten's of thousands (and a hell of a lot more than that too). Each divorce is different but the costs can spiral quickly.

Get the best solicitor you can afford! Or else you can apply for legal aid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If your ex appeals the Circuit Court order to the High Court it'll get horribly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Nightmare, sorry to hear.

Very expensive.

Advertisement