Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DS5 Electrics

Options
  • 10-01-2024 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Evening Folks, looking for some help. Have a 171 DS5 100km, have it 1 year, no problems until battery went dead before Christmas went to local garage and they fitted new battery (€400) within days warning came up saying check electrics ,went back and garage said they had to get Electrician to check , but was ok to drive . 4 days later after short drive went out and nothing completely dead fob not working no lights of any kind on dash .

Left for Christmas week ,had to get recovery to bring to local garage same one , been there since asked if i have spare key ( I do not) contacted original dealer who I bought car from to try to source key and after explaining problem he said battery was either wrong type or not installed properly, apparently there is a sequence to follow ,asked could I get it back to him ,as it is already in local garage and dealer is about 70 km away this is not possible .

Any way my local guy after 2 weeks now tells me the electrics pad which sits on top of battery ( forgive ignorance) is faulty ,is common fault with Peugeot Citroen , cannot get part for another 3 weeks ,( although it is common fault ), and will cost €650 just for part !

Your thoughts would be appreciated please.

Sorry for long post .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GPoint

I thought those scary stories of fried electrics in french cars are a history now, but apparently not!

Good luck fixing it.

Had similar with Ford , their BMS (battery management system) is playing up and not charging battery properly, start-stop never works, keyless entry disabled etc. Ended up installing more powerful battery and coding it into the car. COuld be something similar needed here, but if garage says bms is dead, they probably checked it out.

Advertisement