Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men and texting!!

Options
  • 10-01-2024 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So i rang a guy i liked, we kissed in late 2022, he did all the chasing on the night. We kissed a couple of times when we were younger! Know each other prob 30 years!! He said on the night we have a connection etc

neither of us have had any communication since as we are both in relationships!! (I know!!)

something came over me insanely after bumping into him at xmas, just formally greeted each other and then I called him. He immediately text me back after a few mins (even though i was surprised he knew my number or maybe checked my WhatsApp profile, but still he must have had an inclination it was me or have my number saved, i don’t know because lots of people would be ringing him sort of thing) asked how i was - told him i was just ok and then asked me after a couple of hours if i was in homeplace? I told him I wasn’t and left at that. He was having a few drink at the time.

After meeting him again a day later i asked him to give me a call the following week. He replied few mins later and said ok, will do.

a week and a half since and no call.

i have no intention of ever contacting him again now as ive left it up to him.

clearly he has blown me off. Hasnt blocked me, still friends on social media. Just wondering what with the quick replies and ANY contact with me if he is not interested.

i have since broken up with my own partner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is he in a relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

He was hoping you were around for a bit of fun. When you said you weren't, he left it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

He might be committed to his partner and feels guilty for letting his guard down. OP until he's single I would stay away and consider him off limits. Its not fair on him or his partner.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

OP - Can you clarify please if you are actually seeking advice?

If this is a discussion you wish to have as opposed to seeking advice, I can move the thread elsewhere, for you.

Thanks.

Hilda

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thefa

Agree with the above. He may have thought you were both in the same boat and looking for some action on the night after a few drinks.

There’s obviously some level of attraction but may well just be physical on his end.

I’d leave it and not waste my time if it were me. You’re out of a relationship a wet week so don’t be rushing into a messy situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭marilynrr

I think you posted about him before in a comment? that you thought there was something between you

If he's still with his partner then I'd say he replied to your texts over Xmas because it's probably seen as more ok over Xmas, just being friendly kind of thing and easier to explain, but keeping it up afterwards and phone calls etc is getting into dangerous territory, especially when you're clearly interested and have previously kissed.

If he had got back to you what did you want to happen? Do you really want to get involved in an affair?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Did you expect he’d leave his partner for you over one drunken kiss? A frisson of reciprocated physical attraction does not a relationship make. He’s with somebody else, he’s not free to be with you. And do you really want to be with somebody who kisses somebody who flirts with them when they are already in a relationship? All the signs point to you being way more invested than he is. I just hope you didn’t leave your husband because of him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

OP, you need to move on from this guy. You kissed in 2022. He's moved passed it, you need to too. I'm sorry about your relationship break-up, but this guy isn't the fall back.

His quick replies, still being friends on fb don't mean anything and are red herrings. He doesn't owe you any phone calls texts or meet ups. In fact only for you initiating contact would there be any?

Forget about him, focus on other things, stop contacting him, move passed it.

• Administrators Posts: 13,769 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

we are both in relationships!!

i asked him to give me a call the following week. He replied few mins later and said ok, will do.

He was being polite. He has no intention of contacting you again. He was politely brushing you off. "Ok, will do" is hardly a big romantic statement of intent! You are both in relationships. This is not going to go anywhere unless you both end your relationships and make the decision to be together.

I don't think he's thinking about this as much as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

I remember seeing your other posts about this fella.

You kissed a bit and were "seeing each other" a little bit at 18. You then both cheated on your partner's at the time when you were 21 by kissing again.

You mentioned how in maybe the last year or so you both kissed again and ye both are married so cheated again. You are single and I'm assuming he's still married?

OP, you are totally building up a total fantasy in your head about you and this fella. You barely even know him but because you were young you called him the one that got away.

Hed plenty of time all during the years to get in contact and didn't. You were an easy shift when he'd a few drinks in him.

He's a wife and I assume kids? Why would you even want to do that to them? Not only that but have you sat back and realized for a second he'll do it to you too? Or do you think you are a great love story? You obviously need to give your head a rattle

• Advertisement
Advertisement