Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placed on Panel

Options
  • 10-01-2024 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Im looking for some advice. Ive recently been placed on a HSE panel (3rd) for a job.

I was contated to say I was succesful at the interview and selected for the posotion but when a follow up contact was done I was told that I was placed 3rd on the panel.

Does that mean that despite a succesful interview I did not get the job at first go but will be contacted should their be a future vacancy?

Its all a bit confusing to be honest to be told I was selected and then told I was placed on a panel. Does it basically mean I'm just a back up option been kept on file.

Post edited by Kariblue1 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Anyone who has a successful interview is placed on a panel, in order of how well they did basically. To come in at #3, you'll be in the first 3 candidates to be offered the job, usually takes a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,711 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

HSE panels are sometimes a little different.

With some, if another vacancy comes up, then the next few people on the panel are asked to express interest. Of the people who express interest, the one with the highest position on the panel is offered the job (subject to references). People who don't express interest, and people who don't get offered the job all stay on the panel for next time. The only way off is to accept a job, and not take it up.

This is a better way than most government panels, because it lets you keep your place, without being forced to take a job in a place where you don't really want to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kariblue1

Thanks an update i have been asked to provide 2 references details so hopefully Ill hear somerhing back sooner rather then later.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Fizzgig Fozzywig

I wish the civil service panels worked like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,711 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes: it is vastly better, and stops people from taking things that really don't suit them in terms of either location or job content. We can but wish.

• Advertisement

I really wish it was a normal process tho. I mean succesful interview, refenece check job offer instead of this way where you think God did you get it or not. Waiting isnt helpful especially when you know other jobs are there but not their not public service which is difficult to get into

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

I'm on so many panels I've lost count. The waiting to hear is the worst, especially in rural Ireland, where there can be a much slower recruitment process.

The waiting is a killer. Considering the shortage of staff across the HSE and other voluntary providers youd think that once they notify your place on the panel they'd move to get you into work.

Advertisement