Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running club

Options
  • 10-01-2024 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Was thinking to join AC but is it really worth it if I can make only one session per week? I have 2 clubs around with running track but both take around 20-25 min of driving to get there. Anyone in similar situation?

Also anyone using coaching apps like Runna/V.02? Runna seems to be getting good reviews, it will create specific workouts and send into watch so no messing around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Could you try out the session for a few weeks without joining to see if you feel you'd benefit from it. Check out what else the clubs offer - they might provide plans geared towards key local races or key national race? Also you might meet some other runners through the club who live a bit closer to you that you could form a little spin off running group from...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Duanington

I'd join the club, even once a fortnight would be enough for you to get the benefits of training with a group.

Aside from the actual training, there is the community aspect which seems to be unique to running clubs, groups form over time, people arrange their own training together, run sessions, easy runs\whatever together.

As Ariana has also pointed out, the racing element is great .

For what its worth, I'm a member of a club for several years now, consider myself very involved and love it but have only made 4\5 group training sessions in 5\6 years

Advertisement