Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did Crows Nest move from Dennehys Cross to Cobh

Options
  • 09-01-2024 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Seemed like a strange move. Clearly it didn't work as now it is closed in Cobh for good. Anyone know the reason behind it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭ofcork

Didn't know it had moved to cobh are you sure it wasn't just a pub with the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Didn't they sell the original site for a shedload of cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 curraheenlad

Pretty positive. Read on an article a while back it moved to Cobh. Never gave a reason though. I know there was a big fire a few years ago. Cobh is a strange choice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The Cobh venue didn't last long at all (I live nearby) - I reckon they bit off more than they could chew as they had a restaurant upstairs as well which never took off. It's now just a 'normal' pub under different management. Stopped being the Crows Nest over 10 years ago I'd say.

Having said that, at the same time the Crows Nest also had a second place open in, of all places, Lissarda. Traded under the name Mai Fitz's I think, but with the same livery as the Crows Nest. That didn't last either I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Mai Fitz does huge trade, even more so with the bypass completed as Ballyvourney is so people are bypassing the Mills and stopping in Lissarda

I don't remember it ever being closed but not sure if its under the original ownership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Mai Fitz Lissarda now closed Sundays, thought that would be their busiest day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Think it closed (under Crows Nest people) several years ago and is now under new management?

Advertisement