Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Value Tyres online

Options
  • 09-01-2024 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi I need to get tyres shortly and I'm wondering what online sites people are buying from. Also is there a problem with getting them fitted.

Like to hear peoples experiences. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭zzap64

I've gotten two orders from eiretyres.com now. Based in Germany. Prices seemed good and delivered by DPD in about a week.

It was a bit of hassle getting them fitted. I had to ring around a few places but found one that fitted each tyre for about 22 inc balancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Just ordered for the third time from Tyreleader. Found them to be cheaper than Eiretyres and Oponeo. Lots of smaller places will fit them you, just need to phone beforehand. Usually around €25 per corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭sligopaul

Same for Tyreleader and found a fitter locally

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭zzap64

I just checked the tyres I got from eiretyres, on tyreleader and they are a bit cheaper. Maybe the environmental charge hadn't been added yet but they were around €5 cheaper. I'll have to check them again when I'm ordering tyres next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Banjo Carney

Thanks everyone I'll check those out. Getting them fitted will probably be the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What size are they? Unless they are something in an unpopular size or high performance then buying online rarely works out cheaper when you take fitting into account. Have you priced them locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Never buy tyres from garage direct. They always fit crap unless you pay over the odds. Buy online, you know what you are getting then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭creedp

I always call in advance and ask what they have in stock and if they dont have what I want Ill either wait till they order them in or go elsewhere. The only time a tyre was fitted I didnt want was when I got a blowout and had no spare so had to take the Chinese brand in the van. It was crap and I had to replace after a few weeks.

As said earlier if you have std sized wheels you can get decent prices from bricks and mortar outfits if you make a couple of calls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

Surely mobile tyre fitters would probably fit them for cash, be cheaper than a garage, especially if you find a local guy

Advertisement