Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete FTA Channels

Options
  • 09-01-2024 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi Sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible to delete the rubbish FTA Satellite channels, I have built in tuner in my tv which is LG and only want BBC. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

if you want BBC only perhaps the easiest thing to do is reset the TV to delete all channels and then manually add the required BBC transponders only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

On LG you can use program manager to skip stations, that way they won’t show up in your guide. I spent ages doing this before only to find that sometimes they change frequencies and you have to retune etc. I gave up in the end but it’s not my go to viewing source so rarely use it. Could be worth it if you use it often.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I have a LG but I use a combi box to tune channels. I see the LG has a menu to download the channel list to a USB drive and also to upload from a USB. I presume there would be a programme available to edit the USB list on a computer? And then upload it to the TV. Or at least you could keep a list that was not overwritten by a retune.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭RockOrBog

That TV most likely has Freesat built in, on setup select UK as the country and put in any UK postcode.

No tuning or deleting, auto updates, better program guide. That's what I'd try.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭shane b

I have an LG smart tv with a twin tuner. As mentioned LG dont allow you to "delete" chanels but allow you to "skip" them.

If you only want the 8 or 9 BBC channels you would be better revert the TV to default and add the channels manually.

I used a program called chansort which sorted the list into a sequence i wanted. Took a bit of time but im happy with my list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Cheers for the advise did you add the channels manually then after searching for all of them by selecting them individually?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭shane b

Sorry about the delayed responce.

No, i used the chansort program to list all the crappy channels at the end and to skip over them. I have about 80 odd channels in my active list as i like the +1 options plus the music channels.

In your case, if program in the BBC frequency you may get the regional vaiations too and have to "skip" over them.

Advertisement