Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaky Tap

Options
  • 08-01-2024 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi

Have a leaky kitchen tap that is starting to drive me nuts. I live in an old house (but sink was only installed in 2019). There is no valve under the sink to turn off the hot and cold water for the taps. I know how to turn off the cold water but can't for the life of me figure out how to turn off the hot water. (I plan on replacing the tap). I have taken a picture under the sink and the tap seems to be connected via a release valve mechanism but I fear the water may still keep coming if I unplug. Anyone familiar with this setup as per picture. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

That's an isolation valve. Turn the slotted screw so that it's at right angles to the pipe ie turn it 90⁰ from its current position.

It's not any sort of quick release valve.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Darrener

Thanks Wearb

Advertisement