Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple ID reset - urgent help needed.

Options
  • 08-01-2024 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I am not an apple user but have a problem with my son's apple ID.

He was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes less than a week ago, as part of his care he gets to wear a sensor which gives him and us real time data about his blood sugar levels via an app. The old iphone he has is not comaptible with the sensor or app so I just went out and bought him an iphone 12. I started setting it up but nobody could remember his apple ID, taught it would be similar to Android requested a password reset but am told I will only be told when the reset is available after 23hrs....friend said it could take days to get it sorted.....is this the case.

I have reset my android several times and it's just a case of varifying my phone number and e-mail.

Until he can link up the sensor he has to do finger prick tests ever hour or so, though the night as well.

Is there anybody on here who can explain the reset process to me and is there a way to get it changed today.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You could contact Apple support.

While you wait to reset the Apple ID password on the old device you can simply set up the new phone as a new user.

Once you know the password for his Apple ID simply erase the new phone and set it up again with the restored Apple ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

If he still has access to the old phone:

1. Open Settings (the app)
    2. Tap on his name and icon at the top of that menu.
    3. Tap Sign in and security (and wait).
    4. Tap change password.
    5. Enter device pin.
    6. Enter and re-enter a new password.

Done!

If you’ve locked yourself out of the device or iCloud, it’s a manual process at Apple. They are extremely tight on security.

Google will do similar if you’ve locked out of a main Google Account - you can be waiting days. At least Apple will actually speak to you!

No, Apple can’t (or won’t) speed it up. As above you can simply setup the phone without an Apple ID for now.

I don’t think you can change your password even on the other phone without entering your current tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

If his apple ID is still logged in on the 1st phone, the password can be changed as per post #3.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

Thanks folks for the replies, yes he is still logged onto his old phone but I tried the above process on the new phone first....it didn't like that at all and sent us into the wait a few days loop. I then tried it on his old phone but the same thing, wait a few days loop.

I think if I had of tried the above on his old phone first before I even turned on the new I'd have been ok.

Appreciate the replies but looks like I'm stuck, I'm going to give him my phone, connect the sensor to it until we can get his new phone sorted.

Thanks again...

• Advertisement

Would ye believe this still is not sorted...so have'n waited 10days for the phone call or text message to sort new password which was meant to be today at 17.43.16...nothing, no call or text....no idea what to do now to be honest...

Has anybody any suggestions....

How best to contact apple support, was onto somebody a few weeks back but to be honest they were of no use..

Thanks

Turns out the account recover gets cancelled if you are loggin on any device. If my son logs out of him apple id, can he still use his apps....

Advertisement