Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDBER for Circulation / Landlord areas in Apt blocks

Options
  • 08-01-2024 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi there-

Re: NDBER for landlord areas in Apt buildings

I am working on a design scheme - 5 storey Apt bldg - all apts require A2 rating which has been established .

I am having diffiuculty achiving same or even A3 for the Landlord areas using NEAP

Circulation spaces are heated and some block walls are adjacent to unheated spaces - giving rise to a U value of 1.13

To achive A3 for these landlord areas - the analysis is indicating a significant ammout of PV ?

Grateful for comments from anyone who has dealt with this type of scenario

thanks in advance

descol

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,015 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

why would the circulation space be required to hit A2?

once the apartments are, is the brief not met?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭descol

Hi Sydthebeat

Client requirement for A2 for both Apartments and Landlord areas

HelpDesk assisting on varios NEAP inputs

I may need to rerun the NEAP caclulation and see if a min A3 for the landlord areas is OK with a reasonable amout of PV

By the way - are you aware of any forum - other that Boards / SEAI help desk - even a NEAP/DEAP Assessor operating for a fee - who might offer a type of BER calcaulation "check " service / advice ?

Descol

• Subscribers Posts: 41,015 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i dont descol sorry.

im not a ND assessor myself, just a domestic one, so im not sure of the ins and outs of teh common area assessment. A2 in this area seems way OTT to me though.

Advertisement