Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Recruitment Freeze

Options
  • 08-01-2024 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all

Still waiting for an update on a post I applied and interviewed for in June. Freeze came in during the recruitment process and haven’t received any direction since

Read from various sources that they expect the freeze to be lifted ‘in the new year’. Told the financial year in Ireland is January to December, but also read that the HSE’s ‘year’ is April to March

Does anyone have any experience of previous HSE recruitment freezes and the potential length of time they tend to last?

Any expectation the freeze will be lifted soon?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 62231832

It will be lifted soon. Did you apply for SHO or Registrar Position?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mwydro

Administration role, freeze was announced between the interview and the panel results being shared

I assume the medical roles freeze will be the first to be lifted. Is it being discussed anywhere? Checking Irish news websites regularly but seems quiet on that front at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 waterhappy

I was offered a nursing position back in November and accepted it. I have gone through all the recruitment procedures. Had bloods done approx 2months ago. I was informed by email not to give notice to my current employer until all recruitment checks were done. Was informed that all of this was now completed so I gave my notice. I've been now out of work for almost a month. Have been in touch with hr and was told they have no starting date yet. I got in touch with CNM and informed that my post was escalated to a group DON and they have applied for a derogation which under their understanding was in progress. I'm still waiting does anyone know how long this takes.

Thank you so much

Advertisement