Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dashboard Christmas tree lights after fitting spacesaver

Options
  • 08-01-2024 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

Family member got a puncture on a 2023 Toyota Yaris, AA came out and fitted the SpaceSaver putting the punctured wheel in the wheel in the boot. They drove off and a few minutes later the dashboard lit up (multiple warning lights) and they pulled over. AA came out again, didn't do anything, and after a short drive all the lights went out again on the car was fine.

I am assuming the TPMS sensed 3 wheels were moving on 1 wheel was stationary (in the boot) hence the confusion and various lights triggered by the wheel speed sensors?

Funny thing is I've never heard of this before discussed or read about it in any owners manual. He would think this would be quite a common scenario. Also don't understand why with no intervention the car just reset itself.

Thoughts?

Post edited by Stallingrad on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Would a 2003 Yaris even have TPMS? I would have thought no.

Maybe the timing was coincidental and the problem lies elsewhere. How old is the battery? First thought when the dash lights up with multiple warnings is the battery as many of these systems are not be directly related to each other on a car of that era. Cold weather plays havoc with a battery that might be on it's way out. Might be worth getting the battery tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Which lights came on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Photos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭User1998

• Advertisement

I'm not trying to fix it, I'm curious to understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

More than likely the TPMS sorting itself out, looks like they have direct TPMS sensors so it would have taken a short drive for the sensors to sort themselves out.

I've direct TMPS on mine and a full size spare I got myself whose sensor isn't programmed to the car, and it will set off all the warnings when it's on even though there's nothing actually wrong, and they'll disappear within a few rotations when the 'original' is put back on.

I know it's only a rental so you don't really care but you can reset it manually on the Yaris also.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The TPMS probably just recalibrated itself when the space saver was fitted.

Advertisement