Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heaters - how do these ones work?

Options
  • 07-01-2024 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Not sure how to set this storage heater. Anyone know the model so I could Google a manual?

Even with that, any help appreciated.

I'm not sure what the three switches are for, have only seen 2 in other ones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ask the landlord ?

Looks to me like they've a day and night meter rate. The fused spur probably allows for day or night and then maybe has a boost fan electrical element for quick heat.

So day, night or boost. Can't tell you which does which. But I'd suggest messaging the landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Thanks, landlord doesn't know.

It's on a D/N meter alright, and i know they have background heating (first switch, storing at night rate) and on-demand heating, 2nd switch. I just wonder about the third switch

Also haven't a notion how the thermostat works with any of that. There's only one large room with this large storage heater in it, the hall has a smaller version.

Upstairs are electric panel heaters, so i presume they're not anything to do with the thermostat?

I've never used a thermostat tbh, but it's not the biggest thing in the world if I can't figure that part out. The heaters/input/output settings, I'd like to sort out tho

Thanks, can only find installation manuals but no user guide/owner's manuals so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

So I've figured out this is a Creda Eco-Response 500i -

Can only find Dimplex DuoHeat manuals for it, but seems to track with what I have

https://manualzz.com/doc/9152884/dimplex-duo400i--duo500i-operating-instructions

My questions include (there are so so many!) do I have to keep the second switch on as the manual says?

I don't want any radiant heat being switched on on day rate prices, just the night rate/background/retained heat.

It says in the manual there that:

"For DuoHeat to operate correctly, both electricity

supplies must be switched on at all times"

Is that true, or will it work alright just on the storage heating switch?

I can't see or set the controls until I switch on the 2nd switch, so i've set the night/Background level to 5 (still warm now after only being turned on yesterday for the first time) and the radiant/Comfort level to 1

Then I switched off the power to the 2nd switch. Idk if this will mess up how the heater stores energy overnight though?

The third switch seems to just be a constant radiant/on-demand heat switch, not sure if that's standard, but that's staying off for sure 😅

Any help really really appreciated!!

Advertisement