Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are new car prices as per the manufacturers web page?

Options
  • 07-01-2024 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭

Is there any point in shopping around when sourcing a brand new car as the few garages I have checked have the same prices!!

Is there any mileage in paying cash these days?

Not changed my car since 2008 and that was from UK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Luna84

No deals to be made by paying with cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Depends on car you're looking for and where supply is relative to demand. There'd be a few deals available on certain models, others not.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Nocrac

It is worth shopping around. I saved on a 2024 reg. Trade in value was 1500e more than another garage and car price was 200e cheaper. I found a difference between counties but prices in Dublin all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,119 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cash makes little difference these days, in fact they would probably prefer you to sign up to finance like PCP as they get commission from the finance company.

As for deals, really depends on what model you are looking at buying. Something in short supply and high demand means the dealer doesn't have to discount it to sell it. As said shop around, prices between dealers can vary even on the same model.

Advertisement