Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Hood Extractor Query

Options
  • 07-01-2024 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi All. Not sure if this is the right forum. We have a normal kitchen Hood Extractor - vented to a canopy outside kitchen. Vent is inset horizontally in canopy. We're getting a noticeable draught coming in at the hood. Any suggestions for what we might need to eliminate the draught?.

Thanks, K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭con747

Maybe something like this faced away from the windiest direction? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plastic-Ducting-Bathroom-Extractor-Ventilation/dp/B09BZX3L5Q

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Raven_k42

Thanks. Just wondering if the gravity backdraught feature only works if mounted vertically as per the pics ?. Our outlet is horizontal??.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it !!

Thanks, K

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭con747

No idea but I'm sure you can get similar for your one. There is probably something simple you can do that someone in the know might come on and let you know!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If its blowing IN, somewhere it is blowing out. As your output is facing down and you cant install flap vent cover, consider inline damper/shutter - it allow airflow one direction and prevent other way around.

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Raven_k42

Thanks S

I had stumbled across those in-line dampers when researching. As the main run of ducting is behind plasterboard...I think I would have to consider this almost within the "chimney" part of the hood itself. Everything else is inaccessible I think. If I can't do something at the canopy outlet...this might be my only option. Thanks, K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Depend on duct used, remove grill outside. If able to fit inline there + extra bit of duct , refit grill outside.

Advertisement