Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What moisturising products do you guys use ?

Options
  • 07-01-2024 5:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed only recently in the last year that I started getting quite dry skin on my face / neck with an occasional bit of flakiness on my forehead … no idea why, im using the same shampoo and body wash… American Crew and Dove men care for both, for years without any issues… I shower daily, I now exercise a lot which I used never do so I’m thinking my skin is getting dehydrated..

had a bottle of Gillette comforting moisturiser lying around I got in a gift set for a present and just started using it after my shower in the morning and before bed… the dry skin / flakiness disappeared almost instantly….. skin clear & super smooth….Ive kept using it with the same positive results but for information im just wondering out of curiosity what other moisturising products fellas might be using or prefer …. Thanks…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. Hate anything sticky so this suits me as it relieves dry skin after washing but then dries up itself quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Bought tallow and a few other bits from Ancestral Cismetics that landed today. Wasnt really for the cosmetic reasons i bought it more due to trying to get back to nature as much as i can. Said id give it a go as people in the community swear by it.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

As someone who has very dry skin, especially after showers. I got a gift set from a brand called the ordinary this Christmas from a relative.

It’s worked wonders to be honest. You can get it in boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Finding it hard to get a good quality affordable body wash. I was using one from a Pharmacy but it’s gone from €6 to €9. I use a range called Monuskin in my face and Kiehls Creme de corps on my body

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭scrotist

I would recommend getting a SPF with moisturizer built in.

I use these. I prefer the first one.

Ambre Solaire Super UV Anti - Boots Ireland

Garnier Ambre Solaire Sensitive Face and Neck Sun Cream SPF50+ 50ml - Boots Ireland

Yes a bit expensive, but you can get them on deals here and there. Try amazon too.

Anyway they last ages as it's only going on your face so feckall is used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I use stuff from the Bulldog skincare range. Mostly because I like the smell, but it seems to work okay.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

what next ???

After shave?

Underwear ?

🙄

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

+1 on this (not because of the scent but because it works). Prices in general for stuff like this are gone through the roof but if you shop around you'll often see some discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Grey Fox

Hi all, I use a product called Man Milk. Its specially formulated to tackle the causes of dry skin in men. As opposed to E45 and similar products that are more general. Defnitely suggest you give it a try if suffering from dry skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Aldi have an affordable moisturiser with SPF

https://groceries.aldi.ie/en-GB/p-q10-day-cream-50ml-lacura/4088600137490

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Got two presents of Clarins Men Super Moisturiser Balm at Xmas which has kept me going for several months lol

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Use plain old Silcock's Base, 3 or 4 euro a tube. Wouldn't dream of using anything else.

I have zero time for fancy packaging or expensive products, especially when it comes to moisturiser.

And I look very young for my age.

😁😁😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was just about to come in and recommend the same, it's a fantastic line of products.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭markw7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

I have zero time for fancy packaging or expensive products, especially when it comes to moisturiser.

100% endorse this. Anything with "for men" on the label is double the price and half the size. And once you get into the Global Brand cosmetics ranges it goes to €€€ for products that are no more effective

I've used moisturiser on my face and neck for many years in response to air conditioning, harsh chemicals in swimming water, outdoor pursuits etc. I've varied the product I use quite a bit. The following are the ones which I found the best

• Eucerin Advanced Repair Cream
    • E45 moisturising cream and E45 Intense Recovery 
    • La Roche Posay Lipikar Balm Ap+M
    • Ovelle Silcocks Base
    • Organic Tea Tree Skin Lotion
    • And for the summer months Nivea SPF 30/50 cream and Nivea After Sun, bought in large containers (avoid old style pharmacies and esp duty free etc)

I also keep a small bottle of Simple Rich Replenishing moisturiser in my gym bag

Regarding the sheen which comes form 'greasy' products, massaging it in really well helps a lot and is also good for the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

I like the jack black range of products Pricy but a little goes a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

I suppose, on the up side, Man Milk might be free to produce.....!

Advertisement