Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Meter Versus SolisCloud Measurements

Options
  • 06-01-2024 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

Installed Solar Panels in

October 2022 and I use the Solis App to check the imported and exported KWH .

I then got a Smart Meter installed in Nov 2023.

I see that the amount of KWH showing up on the SolisCould App and the Smart Meter differ by a minimum

of+3% per day, on the smart Meter Side, e.g a day might show up as 10.3kwh imported from the Grid on the smart meter but show up as 10kwh on the SolisCloud App. Just wondering if this is expected or should they match.

Is the Smart Meter supposed to be more accurate than the SolisCloud App.

Funnily the amount of Exported KWH to the GRID shows up as 30% less going to the grid as per the Smart Meter compared to the SolisCloud

e.g on a day 10kwh would show up on the Smart Meter as being exported to the Grid , whereas the amount showing up on the SolisCloudapp would show up as 13Kwh being exported to Grid .

Surprisingly, would you believe, both scenarios show up as being advantageous to the Electricity supplier.

I can understand there could be a discrepancy of 3% or so , different ways of calibration e.t.c between the SolisCloud and Smart Meter, but 30% of a difference is a bit extreme .

According to the SoilsCloud App,I exported about 2300 KWH to the Grid in 2023.

If there is a 30% of a difference on exporting to the Grid between the Smart Meter and the SolosCloud App

then that would have equated to 690KWH *.40Cents per KWH =€138 difference.

Comments

Advertisement