Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Údarás elections 2024

Options
  • 06-01-2024 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭

Due to be held with locals and european vote. What is the point given that Údarás have such little power to represent people?

The overall objective of ÚnaG is to ensure that Irish remains the main communal language of the Gaeltacht and is passed on to future generations.

Údarás endeavours to achieve that objective by funding and fostering a wide range of enterprise development and job creation initiatives and by supporting strategic language, cultural and community-based activities. Gaeltacht pop is 99,617 (2022), of which ~15,300 within the expanding suburbs of Galway City.

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/31f46-new-approach-to-appointing-board-of-udaras-na-gaeltachta-announced/

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It used to be elected before, as far as I can remember an uncle of mine was either an Udaras 'councillor' or failed candidate, would have been an "FF" candidate but before they were allowed announce their party affiliation (think only one election had party names, 2005)

That Meath rep is going to probably know the names of every voter personally!#

I'd say a reasonable number of the people in the Galway City Gaeltacht are going to be utterly baffled by that ballot paper - could be a record in spoiled/blank votes.

Advertisement