Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House with no BER - What to do

Options
  • 05-01-2024 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi, my house was built mid 2000s. I'd like to look into some home improvements to make the house warmer. There are a number of rooms that are very cold in particular. I've looked for my BER but to no avail, so it looks like I'll need to shell out for an assessment.

I see SEI Airtricity offer a free consultation. Has anyone used them and how did they find the service?

What advice would you offer me here as to how yo start this journey on making my home warmer?

Post edited by Neames on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

What advice would you offer me here as to how yo start this journey on making my home warmer?

Forget the BER. What you are looking for is a heat loss survey which actually tests your home and should tell you exactly what is going on and what you need to do to make your home warmer, given your future plans, budget etc.

Advertisement