Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VRT for camper conversion import

Options
  • 05-01-2024 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking to import my family's converted campervan from Germany, but even after a day of reading I'm still confused about the VRT process..

The van is a 2007 VW Transporter and it is converted to a standard outlined on the Revenue website. I.e. it has a bed, seat & table, storage and cooking facilities including a gas cooker.

It has NOT been registered as a motorhome in Germany. If I want to bring the van to Ireland and register it as a camper, do I simply book an NCT appointment and show them all the campervan features during inspection or do they want to see a certificate by an SQI as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Shoog

They will definitely want to see a SQI report when you convert it to a camper from a commercial. This is then presented to the revenue for change of use and VRT assessment.

The details of how you import it is for someone else to describe.

Advertisement