Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terms of ref and Covid enquiry

Options
  • 05-01-2024 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭

2just listening to Sarah McInenery interviewing David Cullinane, etc. it is painful to listen to him talking about all the deaths in nursing homes and nobody to even hold their hands so they died alone . And the pain experienced by their loved ones not being able to be by their bedsides, etc, etc, etc,etc, etc. he expressed such empathy for all those sad passings. He is such a ‘bleeding heart’. I wondered when he was expressing such empathy who held the hands of Jean McConville, Colombia Mc Veigh, Tom Oliver, Joe Linskey,, Brian McKinney, Danny Mc Ilhone and tens of others WHILE THEY WERE PASSING AWAY?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

It'll be a white wash, they will roll out choice stats that back up their decisions ignoring the fact they stole precious 2 years from all our lives, and have traumatised a generation of seniors who are now afraid of every sniffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Field east

‘——- a generation of seniors who are now afraid of every sniffle”. I am afraid that I will have to COMPLETELY disagree with you based on what I see. If you travel by train, bus , dart or LUAS you will be hard pressed to find anyone - including the elderly - wearing masks and you will find windows closed, etc. Also , the same is the situation in shops - nobody wearing masks. It is surprising that those seniors that are out and about are not wearing masks at the moment given that wintertime is idea. Flu weather- be it Covid or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Nah, I was in one of the main Dublin hospitals for an appointment during the week.

The majority of people who were actually mostly elderly were not wearing masks. So I don't think they are that traumatised.

Personally, I wore a mask. The amount of bugs and doses circling around at the minute sitting in a cramped waiting room without a mask seemed a little silly. Not because I'm traumatised just I've better things to be doing with meself than getting sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Jackeens aren't a true representation . Take a step out into real Ireland and see the amount of old people not going to mass, rural bingos gone, doctors having to make house calls cause the dispensary is empty.

Advertisement