Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Perfect Radio Lineup?

Options
  • 05-01-2024 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,628 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

What would be your ideal, Irish, radio schedule for a day? Imagining a “radio day” to be from, say, 5am until 2am. For me it would be:

5-7am - Mairead Ronan

7-9am - Ian Dempsey 

9am-12pm - Pat Kenny

12-2pm - Louise Duffy

2-4pm - Seán Moncrieff

4-6pm Anton Savage

6-7pm - Dave Fanning

7-10pm - Off the Ball

10-12am - John Creedon 

12am-2am - Lillian Smith 

Obviously, there’d be a few other, notable, presenters I would add in if I could but, after some serious consideration, these are what won out. 

So, who’s in your “dream team”?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭TheBMG

5-7 best of Ryan Tubridy from the day before together with shipping forecast read by Ryan Tubridy.

7-10am brekkie from a red bus with Tubbs

10-3pm your workday the Tubbs way! (Hosted by Ryan Tubridy)

3-7 drivetime live from a London black taxi cab with the man who really DOES have the knowledge .. yes it’s Ryan Tubridy

7-10pm Easy Evenings as Ryan Tubridy plays big band sounds from Frank Sinatra and riffs on JFK assassination theories.

10 - midnight. Right to reply as Ryan Tubridy takes calls from frothing at the mouth boards.ie users .. and Kevin Backhurst.

12am-1am Book of the day. Chosen and read by Ryan.

1am closedown followed by test tone (to be whistled by Ryan Tubridy doing his best to maintain a constant 1khz tone)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭chilloutrelax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

5-7am - Rising Time or whatever it’s called. Certainly not my rising time.

7-9am - Morning Ireland - current lineup is great.

9am-12pm - Pat Kenny or Ivan Yates. Maybe a rotation.

12-1 Louise Duffy

1- 2 - News at One - Dobbo is the only choice here.

2-3 I don’t listen to it often myself but I’d keep Joe in Liveline.

3- 4.30 Anton Savage

4.30 - 6.30 George Hook isn’t coming back so I’d go with Kieran Cuddihy.

6.30 - 7.30 Arts show, documentary, non political interview etc. I’d ditch the truly awful Callan’s Kicks on Friday though.

7.30 - 9 Get the best of 2nd Captains and Off the Ball together.

9.00 - 11 John Creedon.

11.00 - 1.00 Late Date - Lillian Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

4AM-7AM, DJ El's Arts Show.

7AM-10AM The Griff FM breakfast show from 1996; that or else DJ Sylvia off ARD.

10AM-12PM Alan Hunter. Live from The Submarine Bar.

12PM-2PM Station news with Joe Doyle and the Captain. News and current affairs show, ring 088 582401 for requests

3PM-5PM Tony Mac's request show, co presented with Darragh Roberts.

5PM-7PM Dublin Talks, with Ger Madden and Fr Larry Hogan.

7PM-8PM Classico, remixed by Tony Weston, Pete Downes and Bud Johnston.

8PM-10PM The Urban FM road show, with Tony "two watt" Quinn and his taped copy of The Pope vs Ian Paisley by The Prodigy.

12AM-4AM Ronan Scanlan reading out insufferably tedious passages from the Old Testament that even Radio Maria wouldn't bother with, then reruns of Mugger FM and West Country Stories.

Can't do worse than Spirit Radio, at least 🤓

• 7am - 11pm Oliver Callan taking off all the talent in place of the talent, including Dobbo reading out the real news. Music to be played for tea, lunch & jax breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Someone an aficionado of Dublin radio in the mid 90s (someone’s got to be) 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,072 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Have to do something with the tapes that John Walsh refused to archive.

Advertisement