Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word/Excel Global template

Options
  • 05-01-2024 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am wondering if anyone could offer advice on this.

I work for a small company in the Environmental sector. As part of our work, we issue a lot of reports to our clients, mostly generated through MS Word/Excel template documents, of which there are many for the different report types. The problem is that all the templates are distinct and not controlled by a global style or layout template. This has a tendency for layouts and styles to get altered inadvertently by users. Ideally also the content of the cover pages/headers/footers would be dictated by a global template, so that if there was a change required, that it would propagate to all templates – rather than having to change all individually.

Is something like that achievable? What kind of company would offer a service like that or does anyone know of one? We use an external IT company, but they are pretty much hardware related issues.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Did this before. Used a loader template that attaches the latest version of the master template located on the network to the document being opened. I assume excel would be the same..

You can't use the normal template because the users overwrite it.

No way of controlling it for clients. That's what PDFs are for.

But it was a lot of work getting all the styles and formatting exact. Then writing the code so it all worked.

Advertisement