Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I Being Paranoid

Options
  • 05-01-2024 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So about an hour ago, I get a call from a woman, a phone number that I don’t recognise, she says “is this (name)?” I said “no, this is (my name)”, she then says “oh sorry I must have the wrong number” and I’m like okay no problem and then she hangs up. 

It was a landline number from Dublin (I live in a completely different part of the country) and so out of curiosity I searched the number in Google, it is the public phone number for A GARDA STATION. I know people call/are called by garda stations for loads of different reasons, but am I being paranoid/irrational to think that admin mistakes like that don’t really happen often and so someone (maybe involved in crime or a witness or something) has given my phone number ?! 

I’m probably going to get ridiculed and trolled for asking this but can someone please tell me am I just being paranoid or should I ring back the station and ask them whether they were given my number or if it was just a number typo mistake ?

I find it quite unusual that she just hung up without giving any context or anything, I would have thought that if you get a phone call from a Garda station they would at least introduce themselves, not just say “is this (name) ?”.

Comments

Advertisement