Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Barcelona

Options
  • 04-01-2024 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi

Looking to go to Barcelona for 2 weeks at the start of July. Flights from Dublin are nearly 300 Euros. Am I better off waiting until a few months before or should I just bite the bullet.

I can go to LBA and make it much cheaper but I'll be travelling with kids and I'd prefer to go to Direct.

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

When July comes around you're into school holidays and you're heading in to peak travel time for families. I'd probably book now.

I have travelled via the UK to Cyprus before during the summertime as the flights were much cheaper. The flights did involve low cost airlines so were not connecting flights in the sense I was not protected if I missed one of the legs of the flights. It's a risk you take but I probably wouldn't do it with a few kids. The costs would mount quickly if you miss one of the flights and probably wipe out any of the savings of going via the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Also looking for hotel recommendations for Barcelona please.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭gossamerfabric

airhint.com for recommended booking time with email reminders if wished.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fernagx

Cant go wrong with hotels.com or bookings.com Difficult to give you recommendations as each person will have different budgets/standards/preferences/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

True, I just thought someone might have their own experience to relate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

will only get more expensive, no chance of July prices coming down

Advertisement