Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmmm… can't reach this page error message for certain sites

Options
  • 04-01-2024 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

I have a Vodafone mobile broadband, with a Huawei B818 router (provided by Vodafone).

After nearly 2 years, I changed the the SIM to save money and from the one provided by Vodafone with the mobile broadband (which to my understanding is a data-only sim) and bought a normal SIM (the one that can be used on a mobile phone).

Everything is ok, similar speed, no issue except on certain sites, like Reddit.com I get the error message:

'Hmmm… can't reach this page'

Thus I can't reach this site. For Reddit and all the sites I can't reach, I noticed those sites are flagged as not secure.

'The connection to this server is not secure'

Apparently 'the site does not have a certificate'.

Does anybody have a clue on what could resolve this issue?

The issue is not specific to the OS settings (it occurs on Windows, Linux and Android) and different browsers.

Strangely enough on a few occasions, I was able to reach Reddit ,even though I hadn't changed anything.

Comments

Advertisement