Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing storage heater timer

Options
  • 04-01-2024 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I recently had my meter replaced with a smart meter and now have a new cheap electricity tariff between 2 and 4 AM. I have 3 storage heaters controlled by a Devireg 710-2, which works correctly, it will kick in before the night tariff ends at 8 AM, but obviously it won't know to turn on between 2 and 4 AM.

Are there any analogue timer replacements available? I saw on another thread there is a Wifi DIN rail version but I'd rather not use that as they use old standards which would slow down all devices connected to the Wifi.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

That devireg timer seems to use an outdoor thermostat to adjust the timer.

I wonder is yours set up that way.

Maybe a second timer could be wired up to just come on between 2 and 4 am, and work in parallel with your devireg.

There are some neat digital timers to suit din rails.

( Not a DIY job.)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

I ended up buying a digital timer off Amazon and got an electrician to install it. So far all good.

Advertisement