Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Society rates East coast clubs

Options
  • 04-01-2024 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

I wonder can someone please advise. A friend from London is planning a golf trip for himself & 11 of his friends (all good golfers) in 2025 & would like to come play a number of links courses on the East coast (eg Baltray, European Club & 2 or 3 others).

What is the best way to get lowest rates at these & other clubs ? With 12 they can form a society-would this help achieve lower rates ?

Thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭GolfPar

Probably best to call them individually. Coming from overseas not too sure they would get any sort of deal on the courses mentioned above which would be at the higher end in terms of green fee rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

The only other thing to add here is using a tour operator. They might well beat your individual prices on each course.

Get your list of dates and courses.l together. Pop it off to the tour operators and see what they come back with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Might be worth talking to these guys https://www.mygolfgrouptravel.com/

I use them for society bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Thanks for this - I'm a Golf Ireland member & could book on their behalf, but I've heard that societies get better rates - not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

the golf ireland rate only applies for the golfers that are golf ireland members, I know most courses turn a blind eye to this but the ones that charge more would be the least likely to let it slide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Marcel Sweet

Best advice is to avoid the marquee courses as some rates they charge are just gouging and aimed at American visitors.

Plenty of less well known parkland courses along the East coast which are actually more suited to Society golf and much less expensive.

Advertisement