Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roganstown - Membership

Options
  • 03-01-2024 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Happy New Year all, shame about the weather!

I'm looking for a new club as I'm moving up to Swords from the southside in the not=to-distant future, to an estate just off the Rathbeale Road. It's about a 3-4 minute drive from Roganstown and I'm just wondering if anybody is a member there and could share their opinions on the course and club as a whole. I know it comes with Swords Open 5 day rights which is a nice bonus I guess. I've played that course and it's okay, nice to have as a backup.

That said, for one reason or another, I've never played Roganstown itself and with this weather and family commitments, doesn't look like I'll get to anytime soon.

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or can share any opinion on the course, specifically:

• How does it hold up this time of year?
    • How easy is it to get out?
    • What are the members like? Nice crowd? (Wouldn't know anybody there so keen to find new folks to play golf with)

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Ive been a member for over 15 years.

to answer your questions in order:

Like most parklands courses, this year, it suffered due to the extensive rainfall.

We dont play temp tees or greens.

relatively easy to get on the time sheet, members times on sat from dawn to 10.30am and sunday dawn to 12 noon. epurse system used to book sat and sun slots.

in my view good bunch of members.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 soverybored1878

Thanks @RGS, that's much appreciated. Tried to get out this weekend but with the frost delay there was a bit of a backlog so will try another time. Think I'm sold, it'll be on my doorstep and from the looks of things, it looks like a great track. The fact there is no temp greens is huge.

I understand there is a gym there too so that's a big bonus :)

Maybe I'll see you out there some time!

Advertisement