Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cues that somebody was looking at you right before you look at them

Options
  • 03-01-2024 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Confirmation bias insists that the phenomenon of seeing somebody looking at you right as you look at them is unrelated to any psychic phenomenon, so I'll let that go I GUESS (still think it's real on some level). So say that ain't real, how do you recognise that somebody was looking at you right before you looked at them?

There's the weird and decidedly ruffled look to the side, then up, an effort to express inherent honesty by negating the assumption of dishonesty which implicitly expresses perfidious conduct. Then there's micro-fluctuations in the volume of their exhalations, expressed by a tremor about their mastoid process for the eager of eye.

How do you peg this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 OnTheCorner

What on Earth are you talking about!?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Fallout2022

There's an almost imperceptible tremor in the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Someone has far too much free time on their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ruth...less

It's called peripheral vision.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They are either licking their lips, or trying to scratch their nose with their tongue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement