Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulated Jacket

Options
  • 03-01-2024 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm on the market for an insulated jacket / parka. Have been doing a lot of research and have found a few that I like. Some are quite expensive but I'm happy to wait until the spring/summer when they might be discounted etc. The jacket is really for leisure use, walking around town, from the car to work, watching football matches etc in the cold/light rain. I wouldn't be hiking in it and it would be relatively unlikely that I'd be in a situation where I might get caught in rain without the opportunity for shelter. I have a Stutterheim coat for going out in rain if I need it.

So far my preference is the Glacier Down Park from Patagonia. While its a bit pricey, I do like the simple look and it looks to be a nice light, warm jacket. I also like the length.

Fjallraven have a few nice options as well (Singi for one)

I had never heard of RAB before but they have a few nice options; the valiance in particular although it the look of the jacket is more 'treking' than leisure.

On the cheaper end the 0Hiro by Alpkit is quite nice but again, more of a trek look than casual.

On the higher end there's the Arc'teryx Therme, which looks great but would be out of my price range. I've included it on the list for reference as to the 'look' I like.

As mentioned, the Patagonia is the preference at the moment but would be curious to hear of any other suggestions that I might have missed.

Tagged:

Advertisement