Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watches

Options
  • 03-01-2024 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

I need a new Apple Watch as the screen broke on my old one. I don’t have insurance and the cost of fixing doesn’t make sense. I currently have an SE.

Looking at SE versus the series 9, is there much of a difference in the functions? All I see is some enhanced health benefits but that’s it.

Is it worth making the jump to a series 9?

Also Is the Apple insurance worth it? I need something after breaking this one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭tom23

In the same situation.... Apple Watch has a bigger screen (less bezel) and is always on. But I think I'll plug for a Series 8 45mm Silver which can be got brand new for 380 on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Insurance for a €479 item?

Personally I would not bother as I think monthly gadget insurance is ridiculously expensive.

Either set aside a little money each month and you'd soon build up watch replacement costs or take out Apple Care €89.00 which will give you 2 years accidental damage.

Post edited by murpho999 on

Advertisement