Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfers Elbow + Trapped nerve in arm

Options
  • 03-01-2024 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Has anyone been through rehab with golfers elbow in terms of how long the recovery was? Was a trip to the Santry sports clinic needed?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sorry to hear OP, had not one but two cold shoulders around this time last year.

Just a general reminder that medical advice is a blanket ban on Boards so please avoid

Post edited by slave1 on

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Didn't quite have the same. Have previously had bursitis in one elbow that required medical attention alright, was probably about a month or so out from golf.

Had frozen shoulder too last year which required months of physio. It slightly limited my swing but didn't stop me playing golf. Still dealing with the tail end of it.

Good luck with the treatment and recovery. Main thing is to get a professional to look at it, and whatever rehab they're advising, follow it as it speeds the recovery significantly

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

A friend is getting shockwave and needling treatment at the local physio. It's working but takes a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bmcgill

Good luck with the recovery. I hadn’t actually heard of golfers elbow before but it sounds bad enough.

MOD SNIP. No medical advice please

Post edited by slave1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭avud

Just find a good physio local to you and they will sort you out.I Had golfers elbow a few years back, can't remember the recovery time however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭zocklie

One thing you can consider is getting the bigger grips like mcc plus4.I have issues with my elbow after breaking it years ago, and the bigger grips make a difference, especially when hitting thin shots it doesn't vibrate up into my arm as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

MCC+4 Grips ive put them on the wedges but will put them on the rest once they fix the swing weight. irons I can get away with playing wise but just cant get the mobility with the woods

Advertisement