Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Heating - Heaters/Radiators

Options
  • 02-01-2024 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey I have recently taken a small house with no real heating. I was thinking of investing in a couple of ceramic electric radiators but I'm nervous that they will not do the job. Anyone have any experience with electric heating? Is it sufficient? I'm thinking of one 2000 W heater per room.

T.I.A.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Ceramic or the cheapest Aldi ones will cost roughly the same to bring a room to a given temperature. There's some heavy advertising going on for all sorts of fancy heaters. They word it very carefully so as to fool the unwary.

Any sort of electric heating is going to be the most expensive way to heat. Perhaps the best of a bad lot would be storage heaters on night rate electricity.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobsterlfc

Ok thank you for that. Very helpful indeed

Advertisement