Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramount+ ( Ireland )

Options
  • 02-01-2024 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

I just stumped up for an annual sub to Paramount+ as the half price ( Annual €39.99 ) offer ends TODAY 02/01/2024

We have Netflix, Prime .. compared to these ( In Ireland anyway ) the content is VERY light I think, as in numbers of series and movies.

I also note that Paramount+ LIVE ( Live channels ) and Sports ARE NOT available to us here in Ireland

Is it worth its usual €79.99pa price here ... I dont think so, €39.99 w/o live TV and Sport is about max, if not cheaper based on the slim content thats left

Anyway as there is none that I could find here I decided to start a general Paramount+ thread here

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There are no live channels or sport on Paramount+ anywhere in the world (bar the US and Australia, I think, where there are local tie ins with CBS and Channel Ten respectively).

It is worth its weight in gold if you are (a) a fan of Star Trek or (b) you have preschoolers who worship Paw Patrol and other shows from the Nick Jr stable. (There’s a tonne of 1990s Nickelodeon stuff on it too if you’re nostalgic for that kind of thing).

Otherwise your mileage may vary. Like all streamers there’s some good stuff and some bad stuff. Yes the content is library is nowhere near Netflix or Disney+ (it is better than Prime, quality wise at least, in my view).

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭waywill1966

I gave it up as it doesn’t play anymore on an android smart tv and numerous emails to them went unanswered!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

I find their app absolutely shite. The first 20 or so seconds of anything I played was pixelated as ****. And when watching that bass reeves show the non English speaking parts were not subtitled, and there were no subtitles available at all. We actually ended up using the audio description, which had dubbing for the non English parts actually.

Anyway, yeah, content aside, they're a joke when it comes to providing an actual streaming service. I ended up cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭aidanodr

@RurtBeynolds "Anyway, yeah, content aside, they're a joke when it comes to providing an actual streaming service. I ended up cancelling."

TBH - only for this half price annual offer of €39.99 I would not have bothered. I would not pay €79.99 .. So this €39.99 offer gives me all the star trek stuff + NCIS for herself. Most likely .. unless it massively improves I wont be renewing at Jan 2025, I have reminder with alarm in my google calendar for start of dec 24 to cancel

Advertisement