Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH opnSense setup

Options
  • 02-01-2024 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I just built out a 10GbE 1u server to run opnSense, and I thought I had all of the settings correct for my Eir FTTH connection, as I'm trying to migrate away from my Amplifi router but when I try to get an IP on boot, it simply fails so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Has anyone done something similar, and if so what were your settings? I'd love to get this up and running. I know I need to have a VLAN ID of 10, which I tried setting up with the VLAN tag of 10 but clearly i screwed something up, so help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BrokenOperator

I think I have a working combo using opnSense on a small 4 port vault.

icg0 = LAN

igc1 = WAN

icg2/3/wlan = unassigned

Here is what I have:

WAN: DHCP

Interfaces>Other>VLan:

I created a VLan, assigned to WAN Port, Tagged as 10, priority 0

Interfaces>Assignments

Then for WAN Interface choose the VLAN you assigned to the WAN port

Before:

When I dropdown (see pppe I tried and unassigned interfaces):

After:

Now I get public IP address on WAN from ISP, if I revert change I can get DHCP double NAT IP address from behind ISP router.

Advertisement