Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSB Post office

Options
  • 02-01-2024 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone, how long does a Jobseekers Benefit payment stay in the post office for? Say if you missed collecting your payment one week, would you be able to collect it next week? And still get your payment for the new week? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

If not collected on the day it's due for collection, it's returned to DSP who will suspend payment. It's then up to claimant to contact them to explain why it wasn't collected.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

It happened to me a few weeks ago. I was told it stays at the post office for 3 days before it's sent back and i'd get a double payment the next week as long as you explain why you didin't pick it up. They were pretty blase about it but then again you could someone on the phone who is a stickler for rules. But she did say it's always 3 days. I made it to the PO on day 3 and it was there.

Advertisement